Friday, November 18, 2011

New Seasons for Vancouver

That's right no more slogging it to NoPo for the nearest* New Seasons. On Nov. 9th New Seasons Market opened it's Fishers Landing location. (Located in the shopping center with Muchas Gracias, yeah you know the one.)
(Image from their website.) 

I went on the day it opened. Not the best idea. I couldn't park anywhere in the entire complex. So yesterday I decided to try checking it out again. Much better, not busy at all. Now I will admit that I have a New Seasons bias. My wicked awesome sister works at the New Seasons in Cedar Hills. So I was expecting to like it, but even with the eagerness to love it, I was still impressed. The prices were good and very comparable to Fred Meyer or Whole Foods, however if you expect WinCo pricing, prepare for sticker shock.

The people were so friendly. It was almost ridiculous. The woman in floral told me they could make any terrarium I would want (don't worry Solabee, I would never cheat on you), people told Cora her coat was cute, people told me my purse was cute, they gave me a foot rub and told me I had the face of a goddess. Well maybe not the last part, but I left feeling like that. Plus my Tofurky Roast and Savory Giblet Gravy came to total of 13 bucks, so I was on cloud nine. (I haven't had the roast or the gravy before so expect a full review later this week.)

So if you haven't, get your self over to the new New Seasons. Drop some coinage and feel shamelessly and inaccurately superior on your way to your car. Trust me it rocks.

* It totally might not be the nearest North Portland is insanely close. It is the shiniest though.

No comments:

Post a Comment