Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lazy Vegan - gardein™ mandarin orange crispy chick'n

Let me tell you one of my well known dirty secrets. Crap, I guess "well known" sort of negates the whole "secret" part of it, but anyway - I friggin' love Target. Like "carve our initials in a tree" kind of love. So imagine my joy when they started selling this in their frozen section......wait did you know about their grocery section?! Yeah some Targets don't have one yet, but two out of three in Vancouver, do (Vancouver Plaza and Fisher's Landing) and their prices are competitive. Back on topic, drum roll please! - 

That's right delicious, actually vegan, frozen products made by gardein™ (Think your frozen meatless products are vegan? Check again, home fries.) 

Today I sauteed the gardein™ mandarin orange crispy chick'n up with some steamed broccoli and had myself an easy lunch!! The sauce was good, not great, but what you would expect from any frozen meal. Next time I think I will whip up a szechuan sauce to drizzle over instead, but only if I am not lazy, because the sauce is good enough. The chick'n could trick children and drunk adults. It isn't a perfect match, but it isn't chicken, so how could it be. Honestly, I like it a little better, but that may be the self-righteousness talking.

We have our freezer stocked with a variety to try and tell you about. If you have had them or have any of the other gardein™ foods we must try, let us know!

*Small note - so far we haven't come across anything gluten-free. So watch out Celiac's sufferers.

No comments:

Post a Comment