Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beauty featuring Body Butter

VanVeggie has decided to start sharing awesome vegan beauty finds we come across.

In order to make it on to the blog they need to be 
a) vegan - containing no animal byproducts
b) cruelty free - meaning the products were not tested on animals
c) super awesome - which is the smell, look, or work great. (or they are really cheap)

Donna has a lot of experience with cosmetics, she has worked for MAC and Bobbi Brown and was the make-up artist at the Salon she used to work at. I am not so well versed, but I have a weird addiction to buying drug store cosmetics and so my "good deal" radar is pretty accurate. 

Above stated radar is what led me to - Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter

Straight up here is the first thing you need to know about it. It is $3.99.  THREE NINETY NINE!! You can probably dig that kinda change out from the sides of the seats in your car. At least in my car you can. 

Okay so 3.99! Next it is a huge pot. 8 oz (227 grams) (So cheap and huge...like your mother Trebek.) And it has a flip-top!!


Next is the texture. It actually feels like frosting. When I put it on I felt almost perversely decadent.



Now here is the only downside for me which may not be a downside for anyone else. The fragrance.  It smells delicious, like edible. But I am kinda over the whole scent of shea butter and coconut. I seriously felt like a frosted cupcake that got drunk on Malibu. The good news is it wasn't so strong that I was bothered by it all day. Plus Sir K thought it smelled great. So really this is just a personal thing.

The sum-up is - worth the buy, would be a great addition to a gift for vegan or omnivorous friends or for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. This is great you ladies are going to start the beauty portion of this blog. I love your recipes. Just one question, is it greasy? I use just regular coconut oil on my skin & it takes awhile to absorb. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem greasy to me. I have mostly been using it on my legs. I hate that feeling. Especially when they oil doesn't absorb fast enough and gets that nasty rancid smell!!

      Delete
  2. love tj's coco body butter...hope they'll make more scents!

    ReplyDelete