Thursday, March 29, 2012

Turning 30 and Chili Cheese Dogs

Those of you that know Donna and I intimately (not necessarily biblically) know that we are turning 30 this year. Donna's big day is only a week away! Well we have made a pact or a promise or whatever that this year we will finally have healthy bodies. We have started taking yoga from the super wonderful Astara. (click here for her studio's facebook page) and we are both eating a plant based diet. At least she is and I am there about 95% - going out to eat is still a challenge for me so I end up opting for vegetarian vs ordering just french fries again. So I  have some room for improvement. I don't even really like cheese anymore, it is just the a convenience trap (blah blah blah excuse excuse)

The results so far are that I have far less symptoms of IBS aka my poops are way better (we are intimate now if we weren't before) and Donna and her family's health have improved since she and her daughter have both a milk allergy and a gluten allergy. Plus the stupid hussy has lost a bunch of weight, not that I am jealous or anything....

But we still have a ways to go. I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye than don a bathing suit. When I told Donna that, her response was the same but involved paper cuts.

So in honor of our soon to be new awesome bodies, I am going to post a "before" 30 pictures. Then after we are well into our 30th year and looking and feeling enviable, I will post an after.





So what we want to know is - besides the obvious eat less and exercise more - what are your favorite ways to promote wellness for yourself?

I bet it doesn't involve eating kick ass Chili Cheese dogs!! Which are not so low in the calories but oh so good, here is how to make them just in case you want to over indulge -

-1 Can of Organic Trader Joe's Vegetarian Chili
-However many Jumbo Smart Dogs you want (one is enough for me)
-Daiya Cheddar Shreds
-A hot dog bun - let me suggest against the whole wheat Trader Joe's buns. They were dry and not pre-sliced - what the hell? I have to slice my hot dog bun?! What is this, Game of Thrones?!?!

Cook the dog, put it in a bun, cover it with heated chili and top it with the faux-cheesy. Totally awesome. Oh and I didn't take a picture because I ate it too quickly.

But really tell us what make you feel awesome. We will compile a pretty list and put it up for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment