Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Getting Bombed, Vegan Style

The extremely offensive Irish Car Bomb cocktail has been a staple of our St. Patrick's Day parties for a few years now.  Well they didn't start out as parties. They started out with a few of us drinking them and watching Boondock Saints. (you know, 'cause they are Irish.) Well, that became annual and then it became quite the shindig.  Here is my picture from last year. -


So this year, with my constant attempts to be animal-product free, I figured I needed to make an ICB without using your run of the mill Irish Cream.
~~~~~
For those of you who don't know this is how you make an ICB -
~8oz Guiness Stout in a glass
~A shot glass filled half-way with Baileys Irish Cream
~Jameson Irish Whiskey floated on top of the Irish Cream.

You drop the shot of Whiskey and Irish Cream into the Stout and chug.
~~~~~

So I put myself on the mission of making the perfect Vegan Irish Cream. 

Well apparently my very I should have been a Mixologist, because I came up with a slammin' alternative. I couldn't pry it out of Kris' hands. (Not that he is really that much a booze snob, but he would tell me if it sucked.)

Without further ado...

Vegan Irish Cream
2 parts vodka

Keep everything in the fridge including the syrup. This will make it nice and thick. Now I am guessing you can make a big ol' batch and keep it for about as long as the creamer is good. I haven't tried it though, so trust your digestive health to yourself or someone with a medical license. Also this is more alcoholic than you average Irish Cream. About 26% alcohol vs 17%. (I should brush up on my math skills - it is actually 16% so essentially the same.) It will also be slightly darker in color. 


REMEMBER THIS - We want you to be able to enjoy this recipe for many years to come. Like 80! So please please PLEASE have a good time and get a designated driver, call a cab, crash on a couch and offer yours to an inebriated friend. We love you and we want you safe.

Stay tuned - tomorrow you will get my Vegan Hand Pie recipe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment