Friday, February 17, 2012

In the Hut of Bamboo

Not actual restaurant pictured.


If you are living in Vancouver and craving some Veggie Asian fusion, check out Bamboo Hut. It is located in the same strip mall that Fred Meyer's is on Tenney in Salmon Creek. (I sang the House of Bamboo the whole day both after I went there. Is it stuck in your head yet?)

I went there the other day because I had an insane hankering for Spring Rolls. I headed out there knowing that they had them and some awesome salad rolls that were made with Tofu.  

I received a pleasant surprise - They have vastly expanded their Vegan/Vegetarian menu. They have Vegan Chicken Pho and these ridiculously awesome rolls called Shanghai Rolls filled with Basil and other goodies. And the spring rolls......okay I now I have to have them for lunch.

I complimented the owner on all the vegetarian options. He said "Vegetarian is better. No killing." 

How adorable is that?!?

Check it out the next time you are on the northside of Vancouver, or NoVa. Did I just coin that? I think I did. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment