Monday, February 13, 2012

Hungry Tiger Review

I really want to write a scathing review about something. But this is not that moment. This is another rave!!!

I woke up super hungry on Saturday so Kris and I decided to check out Hungry Tiger (aka Hungry Tiger Too).

When you get in they hand you a menu that has one side for vegans and the opposite for meat-eaters. Right away I hone in on the Biscuits and Gravy, but wah wah, it is made with my 2nd biggest food nemesis, mushrooms. (1st place goes to Blue Cheese - gag!!!) I am still interested but, don't want to risk ordering it and not liking it. So I go with my second choice The Portland Scramble - veggie sausage, peppers, onions, scrambled with tofu and covered in some sort of magic "cheese" sauce.

Kris, ordered the Biscuits with the Mushroom and Fennel Gravy.

Is your mouth watering yet?

Well they serve breakfast all day, so go get some. Oh yeah and they have Vegan Bloody Marys.

We get our absurdly large portions, we dive in and I am pretty sure we begin embarrassing the serving staff with our moaning. Mine was so delicious I almost didn't share a bite with Kris. But I did, for a totally self serving purpose, I wanted some of his. (yeah, I used the "I'll show you mine" kind of trick.) Nervously, I took a bite. It was bleeping fantastic!!! Like I had to keep dipping my toast in it was so good. If it was "mushroomy" I couldn't tell.

And then as if it couldn't get any better, they have these house made hot sauces - red and green. I don't know what they are made out of but I am pretty sure it involves magic.

I only have two complaints - it isn't in Vancouver and my home fries were over done. I still ate everyone of them, but I am not sure if they make them that way or mine were just a black batch.

Okay here are the craptastic pictures I took with my phone - 

The Portland Scramble

The Biscuits and Gravy

The Hot Sauces

One more fantastic thing - Wednesday at Hungry Tiger means 1 dollar Vegan Corn Dog and PBRs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment