Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Grocery Delivery


Kris and I have been receiving Organics To You for a while now. And we have a love/hate relationship with it. Let me be clear. I love OTY. The people are so friendly and accommodating. The produce is gorgeous and fresh and delicious. The prices aren't even bad. The problem is we can't go through it fast enough. At least not in the Winter.

I love the idea behind the whole grocery delivery thing. I love people bring my groceries to me. I love that they pick the produce out for me that I (still) can't seem to do for myself. But I just don't know what to do with 4 kinds of Kale! One might be Collard Greens, I am not sure, yes they have a list online, but still, if it is Collard Greens, how do I cook them without bacon?! (seriously, I have cooked them in Earth Balance, but SEND IDEAS, I need some!!)

I can't say enough about how much I really do love OTY, but I also want to give a big thumbs up to Hearth of Vancouver.

This is very near and dear to my heart as it is as local as it gets for me and is operated by a wonderful woman with a lot of goodness in her heart and veggies in her garden.

I very simply haven't switched to them because OTY has done nothing to lose my business, it seems unfair to leave them when they have been a providing very valuable service for me (although we are considering switching to every other week). I heartily suggest either company if you are looking for fresh local produce and other groceries.

Let me close up by saying, if you have delicious plant-based recipes share them! Leave a comment below or catch us on our facebook page. We want to hear from you. I am pretty sure Kris is getting sick of the umpteen versions of the same stew I have been making for weeks!

1 comment:

  1. You can make pesto like sauces with any greens. Dehydrated greens have a texture similar to seaweed and can be flavored many many ways.

    ReplyDelete