Friday, December 9, 2011

Cookies!! (a la Babycakes)

I had the lovely Miss Donna over today. (She isn't really a "Miss" since she is suuuuper married) to make some gluten-free (for her) and vegan (for both of us, even though I ate some Cheetos just now - I never said I was a saint, only that I am trying to be one) cookies.

We got the recipe "Chips Ahoy!" out of BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles. My advice, buy it or do as I did, and check it out from your awesome local library. Or WIN IT! What What? More on that later...


What we discovered was a seriously awesome recipe! 


What constitutes an awesome recipe for me - 
1) It has to be easy. Check (even though you will need some specialty ingredients, so once you get them, then it is easy)
2) I like to eat things right away, so I don't like things that have a long cook time. These took 7-10 minutes. Check.
3) It needs to taste good. Double check.


The only drawbacks were as follows. The dough is kinda yucky. It is really sticky and oily. The chips don't really stay in the dough well and the dough gets all over your fingers and spoon. Like way more than normal. And also since there is a lot of oil, it doesn't taste good (yes, I like my dough to taste good before I bake it. I look forward to licking the spoon) and they probably aren't all that great for your hips. We used canola oil instead of coconut oil. It was an option and I had it in my pantry, so maybe next time I should switch it up.


In the end it didn't matter, because what we ended up with were moist, chewy, and scrumptious cookies that even the most white flour loving, animal-product consuming, cookie aficionado, will groan over.


The lovely Donna

mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment