Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Press That Tofu

Ahhh tofu. If you are new to tofu, here is something you should know - It has a lot of excess water in it. So in order to not get overly mushy tofu (when you don't want it) you need to drain and press your tofu before you prepare it.

You can do that several ways - Two heavy plates with a can, two large books that you hate, or a tofu press.

I have been using plate method. I don't really like it because my tofu always ends up getting more pressed on one side.

As mentioned in my previous post, I got a Tofu Press on my birthday from my lovely friend Jessica (and Tim).

So here is picto-demonstration (that is a trademarked term of G.Hoyt Inc- so back off or pay royalties) on how to use it.


I marinated in teriyaki sauce this time and then I used it in a stir-fry with amazing greens from my friend's garden, red bell peppers, garlic, scallions and noodles. Delicious!

Check back soon as I am going to go over my favorite kinds and brands of tofu. 


1 comment:

  1. Like your EZ Tofu Press! I have one as well, they work great!

    ReplyDelete