Tuesday, May 15, 2012

140 Calories and yummy!! Hoisin Mustard Tofu

I just picked up Isa Chandra Moskowitz's newest cookbook - Appetite For Reduction. Which like all vegan cookbooks has a hella long subtitle - 125 Fast and Filling, Low-fat Vegan Recipes.

Last night I made the Hoisin-Mustard Tofu Lettuce Cups! Unfortunately the recipe isn't on her website so I can't give you a link to it. I guess you will have to get the book at the library! But I will give you the gist!

You need extra firm tofu. Squeeze the water out of it too. Fry it up (with very little oil, like a spray of Pam) with some soy sauce. Meanwhile in another pan use a teeny bit of sesame oil and cook up some diced veggies, like onions, peppers, garlic and ginger. Then add some rice vinegar to them, then add hoisin sauce and mustard. Don't let your hoisin sauce burn. I did. Wah Wah. Then toss the tofu in and mix it all up.

Tofu Cubes


 Veggies



Serve it with iceberg lettuce leaves and eat it like they were little tacos. I ate two servings which was only 280 calories and I was stuffed!!! It was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment