Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Grilled Cheese Day!!



It's National Grilled Cheese Day! Seriously. Google it.

Let me share my favorite grilled cheese recipe and let me just say one thing - "All Hail Daiya!!!"

What you will need -
Earth Balance Butter Spread
Some kind of delicious bread - May I suggest rye -it can be found in vegan varieties and it rocks socks. (focaccia is also frequently vegan an makes an awesome panini style sandwich)
Filling -
Roasted Red Peppers - You can roast your own but I think jarred are just fine
Caramelized onions - Yellow or sweet are best.
Mozzerella Daiya Shreds

Spread the buttery on the bread, put the filling between two slices, and grill it up!!! I like it with a little mustard or horseradish to add some zang!!!  Thank me later by sharing pictures or your creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment